Nuvo Recruitment are seeking to recruit a Social Care Manager for our Client, a children’s residential service provider based in Co. Laois.
Our client provides quality driven, child-centred support to children with complex issues and are seeking a person with similar values and methods of work. The successful candidate will manage a centre within the organisation, reporting to the regional manager and managing a team of social workers and team leaders.
- To manage the day to day running of the centre. Ensuring rigorous oversight and governance in the Centre to promote proactive planning, accountability, support and learning.
- To report all matters required to the line manager in line with the internal reporting procedures
- To create and maintain a safe, caring and stable environment for the young people placed in the centre via admission planning, risk assessing, Significant Event Reviews and evaluation of interventions/practices
- To manage the Centre in line with the Organisation Model of Care
- To manage the centre in accordance with organisational policies, guidelines and protocols and with the regulations made by the Minister for Health and Children under the Child Care Act 1991 and other relevant legislation such as Child Care Act 2015 and Children First 2017.
- To lead a team and ensure staff practice and centre procedures are carried in line with the National Standards for Children’s’ Residential Centres, 2018
- To promote the rights and responsibilities of each young person in the centre.
- To consult with young people placed in the centre, their families, centre staff and external stakeholders as appropriate.
- To provide reports, statistics to the Line Manager (or other specified person) as required.
- To ensure organisation of recreational programmes and to ensure that programmes of leisure and recreational activities for the children are planned and co-ordinated in advance.
- To participate in on-going planning and strategic development with the Centre/ Organisation
- Promoting Continuous Professional Development of the team
- Ensuring high support and high accountability
- To ensure the appropriate supply and use of resources within the centre.
- To ensure safety and security measures are adhered to.
- To attend at court, professional meetings, care reviews, management meetings.
- To engage in inspections and audits within the Centre
- To record and report immediately to the Designated Liaison Person Child Protection and Welfare Concerns.
- To ensure solid knowledge of the Organisations Child Safeguarding Statement in regards to potential risks of harm and the risk management plan in response to the potential risks.
- To ensure that the maintenance, upkeep, hygiene and cleanliness of the centre, its furniture, vehicles and equipment.
- To ensure compliance in the Centre in line with the Health and Safety Statement and all relevant legislation.
- To participate in the recruitment, selection and appointment of Centre staff.
- To evaluate standards and quality of service on an ongoing basis.
- To manage the budget for the centre, in compliance with approved budgetary procedures, and to ensure that optimum benefit is achieved from available resources.
- To ensure that expenditure in the centre is controlled within agreed cash limits and in compliance with approved procedures.
- To ensure that appropriate financial information for the Centre is provided to the Line Manager (or other specified person).
- To manage and supervise staff in the centre.
- To provide leadership, motivation, flexibility and role modelling which is conducive to good staff relations and work performance.
- To arrange the roster and manage the designated staff resources, ensuring that staff levels and skill mix are appropriate and within the resource allocation.
- To identify in consultation with the Line Manager the training and development requirements for the centre.
- To maintain staff records within guidelines laid down by the organisation and relevant legislation/National Standards
- To participate in relevant professional development and training programmes.
- To attend and participate fully in professional supervision with Line Manager.
- Provide an on-call service and attend the Centre in the event of a Serious Emergency
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
The centre manager must have minimum level 8 degree in social care and 5 years’ experience of working in a social care grade with children.
Level 7 in social care and a relevant management qualification suitable for a health care or social care setting and 5 years’ experience of working in a social care grade in with children.
A qualification in a related and relevant field and a relevant management qualification suitable for a health care or social care setting and have previously been the manager of a registered centre with the ACIMS within the past 3 years from the time of application.
They must have held the post for a period of 24 or more of the preceding 36 months on the date of application
Qualifications considered as a related and relevant field are: Degree in Psychology, Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Social Sciences, Teaching & Nursing.
Candidate must also hold a full clean driver’s licence.
For more information please call Amie on 0879507730
Or apply at