We are currently seeking to recruit a Social Care Leader for our client based in Laois.. See job details below
Social Care Leader Permanent Full-Time
Location: Based in Laois
Excellent salary commensurate on qualifications and experience
- Company Pension with Company contribution
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Educational Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities available
Our client is an exciting start-up company that provides high quality emergency accommodation services to those in the International protection program and persons on the homeless register. Providing support to allow people to live independently and to integrate into the community with the support of a team of trained social care professionals.
The Social Care leader will be responsible for the overall management of each house within their responsibility. You will lead a team of social care professionals to meet regulatory requirements, best practice and ensure implementation of the programme of support for all residents.
- Responsibility for management of your team to ensure high standards of service provision.
- Promoting good relationships with the local community, encouraging integration and inclusion.
- Communicating with colleagues, management and key stakeholders across all aspects of service provision
- Ensure that an environment is created that is conducive to the well-being of the residents
- Maintain up-to-date records retained in IT systems
- Keeping professionally competent
- Preparing reports and keeping accurate records in relation to residents. Attending case conferences as required.
- Participating in in-service training and attending professional meetings as required.
- Conducting employee probationary reviews, appraisals & supervision with staff as required
- Preparing presentations as directed
- Be familiar with service policies and procedures particularly the community care procedures, ensure that they are implemented and maintained.
- Implementation of the health and safety policy in accordance with the safety statement of the service. Ensure that all personnel are familiar with emergency and other operational procedures and regulations.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality
- Ensure that personnel are effectively deployed and motivated.
- Maintain a high standard of work performance, attendance, appearance and punctuality
- Ensure that good working relationships are maintained with colleagues
- Provide effective leadership for your team
The list of responsibilities is not exhaustive.
- Degree in Social Care with management qualification
- 3 years in a similar or related role
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Adherence to the organisations client confidentiality policies at all times
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external
- Integrity and ability to deal with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective departmental relationship
- Full clean driver’s licence
- Excellent Ways of Working
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Excellent Decision Making
- Excellent Planning
- Understanding & Managing Relationships with Colleagues, Management, Professionals & Other Stakeholders
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to lead and manage a team of professionals
- An understanding of the needs of individuals
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Reliable and flexible approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to plan time effectively