Social Care Worker & Assisted Support Workers
Location: Based in Laois
Excellent salary commensurate on qualifications and experience
- Company Pension with Company contribution
- Life Assurance
- Free Parking
- 21 days’ annual leave
- Educational Assistance Program
- Career advancement opportunities available
Our client is an exciting start-up company that provides high quality emergency accommodation services to those in the International protection program and persons on the homeless register. Providing support to allow people to live independently and to integrate into the community with the support of a team of trained social care professionals.
The Social Care Worker will assist the Social Care Leader in running an assigned number of houses within agreed guidelines. You will work as part of team of social care professionals to meet regulatory requirements, best practice and ensure implementation of the programme of support for all residents.
- Assists in promoting self-development, independence and the individuality of each client.
- Promoting good relationships with the local community, encouraging integration and inclusion.
- Ensure that an environment is created that is conducive to the well-being of the residents
- Preparing reports and keeping accurate records in relation to residents.
- Participating in in-service training and attending professional meetings as required.
- Be familiar with service policies and procedures particularly the community care procedures, ensure that they are implemented and maintained.
- Implementation of the health and safety policy in accordance with the safety statement of the service.
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality
- Maintain a high standard of work performance, attendance, appearance and punctuality
- Ensure that good working relationships are maintained with colleagues
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive
- Excellent Ways of Working
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- An understanding of the needs of individuals
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Willingness to learn
- Reliable and flexible approach to work
- Excellent organisational skills
- Full Clean Driver’s licence
- Level 7/8 Qualification in Social Care/Applied Social Care Studies for Social Care Worker roles
- Level 5 Healthcare Assistant or working towards same for Assisted Support Worker roles
Please apply with a current CV, in confidence to email@example.com