Nuvo Healthcare Recruitment
Staff Nurse Intellectual Disability
Location: Galway / Perm Contract
Salary HSE Payscales
Roster Mix of Days & Nights
Do you have a keen interest to work in Intellectual disability Service? Our client is a well-funded Intellectual disability service based in Galway who are looking for a passionate Staff Nurse to Join a Supportive Team. This Intellectual Disability service is part of a large organisation with facilities throughout Ireland. This organisation is well funded and as they are a Section 38 Service, therefore both pension and maternity leave etc is offered. This is a great opportunity to further your career and gain excellent experience in a residential setting.
- Develop a good working relationship with families and key people involved with the people supported, as appropriate.
- Actively pursue and ensure the delivery of a person centred service, through the delivery of Personal Outcomes. Be involved as a Key worker and assist new staff in this role. Record and monitor outcomes and track progress.
- Actively support the implementation of the National Interim New Directions Standards.
- Record outcomes and track progress
- Be aware of and take responsibility in ensuring compliance with standards as outlined by the 2007 Health Act and HIQA Standards.
- Formulate and implement programmes designed for the needs of the individual, in co-operation with the multidisciplinary team as required.
- Take responsibility for the supply, storage, stock and administration of medications in accordance with the policy of the Service.
- Take part in the education and training of support workers in responsible and safe medication management and carry out practical assessments of their competence in their area of work.
Skill’s / Experience
- NMBI Registration – RGN/RPN /RNID
- Full Driving licence
- Newly qualified and experienced nurses are welcome to apply
Remuneration / Benefits
- HSE 2022 Payscales
- Contributory Pension
- Premiums for weekends & nights
- Maternity / Paternity Benefit
- Training / Support
- Educational Opportunities
- Flexible Roster